The course explores opportunities and solutions for creating products with seamless knit technology, and showcases how designers and brands can create, innovate and manufacture with seamless technology, with a focus on Merino wool yarns.
This innovative technology, led by knitwear technology manufacturer, Santoni, provides designers with an ever-increasing array of opportunities to create beautifully designed products, which fully integrate fashion with function to satisfy a variety of end-users. Studio Eva x Carola is at the forefront of global innovation in performance textiles. This course showcases the decade-long partnership between Studio Eva x Carola and The Woolmark Company to explore opportunities with seamless and circular knit technology using Australian Merino wool.
By the end of this course you will have:
- explored the wide range of applications and design possibilities seamless knitting technology offers cutting-edge designers
- investigated the importance of yarn selection when designing seamless garments
- developed an appreciation and understanding of wool as an ideal yarn solution for seamless design innovations
- established a high-level understanding of how Santoni seamless machinery works and explored the almost infinite performance and creative opportunities for apparel, accessories, and commercial developments
- explored the seamless design and development process first-hand and studied a range of performance apparel and accessories produced through the innovative partnership between Studio Eva x Carola and The Woolmark Company.
- What is seamless knitwear?
- The raw materials of seamless knitwear
- Seamless technology and innovation
- Studio Eva x Carola
This module introduces the concept and technology at the heart of seamless knitwear. It explores the array of opportunities for designers looking to create seamless innovations with Merino wool yarns.
This module explores the seamless design and development process first-hand and showcases a range of performance apparel and accessories produced through the innovative partnership between Studio Eva x Carola and The Woolmark Company.