The course explores opportunities and solutions for creating products with seamless knit technology, and showcases how designers and brands can create, innovate and manufacture with seamless technology, with a focus on Merino wool yarns.
This innovative technology, led by knitwear technology manufacturer, Santoni, provides designers with an ever-increasing array of opportunities to create beautifully designed products, which fully integrate fashion with function to satisfy a variety of end-users. Studio Eva x Carola is at the forefront of global innovation in performance textiles. This course showcases the decade-long partnership between Studio Eva x Carola and The Woolmark Company to explore opportunities with seamless and circular knit technology using Australian Merino wool.
By the end of this course you will have:
- explored the wide range of applications and design possibilities seamless knitting technology offers cutting-edge designers
- investigated the importance of yarn selection when designing seamless garments
- developed an appreciation and understanding of wool as an ideal yarn solution for seamless design innovations
- established a high-level understanding of how Santoni seamless machinery works and explored the almost infinite performance and creative opportunities for apparel, accessories, and commercial developments
- explored the seamless design and development process first-hand and studied a range of performance apparel and accessories produced through the innovative partnership between Studio Eva x Carola and The Woolmark Company.
- What is seamless knitwear?
- The raw materials of seamless knitwear
- Seamless technology and innovation
- Studio Eva x Carola
This module explores the seamless design and development process first-hand and showcases a range of performance apparel and accessories produced through the innovative partnership between Studio Eva x Carola and The Woolmark Company.