This course aims to provide you with an understanding of wool dyeing and knowledge on how and when wool is dyed.
It also provides information on how the fibre is prepared for dyeing and evaluated after dyeing. It also covers the dyes and recipes used for pure wool and blends and the side effects of dyeing and associated environmental issues.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- describe how to dye wool and blends, including the necessary preparation of the fibre and the machinery used
- evaluate the appropriateness of specific dyeing operations
- describe the side effects of dyeing and the associated environmental issues.
- The process of dyeing
- The dyeing processes in wool
- Preparing wool for dyeing
- Selecting and applying wool dyes
- Dyeing at various stages of wool processing
- Dyeing wool blends
- The dyehouse laboratory
- The side effects of dyeing
- Environmental impacts associated with dyeing
Assessments: Available when all modules are complete
The dyeing of wool